H1N1 Flu in Vietnam in 2018 and Ways to Prevent
On 26th June, Cho Ray Hospital said that a victim of H1N1 flu virus was reported dead. The man reported was a man, 46 years old and infected with obesity. When the patient was hospitalized in the state of pneumonia, respiratory failure and he had to take mechanical ventilation. On 24th June, when the symptoms of the disease was getting worse, patient’s family requested to take him back home for private treatment.
In the last 7 days, a patient was also reported dead by Cho Ray Hospital due to respiratory distress, pneumonia, respiratory failure, chronic renal failure. The first case reported dead in Ho Chi Minh city was a 26-year-old woman living in Thu Duc district infected with obesity.
According to Dr. Le Quoc Hung – Head of Tropical Diseases Department, Cho Ray Hospital, the weaker is the health condition, the easier the virus can affect the body. He said that to healthy people, the virulence of the virus is not severe. However, patients experiencing diseases that impair the immune system are more likely to catch H1N1 flu virus.
Hmm.. What is H1N1 flu virus?
H1N1 flu (or swine flu) is a seasonal flu which causes respiratory infection. Diseases are highly contagious and spread quickly in the community. The World Health Organization has issued a six-level epidemic, the highest level and pandemic on a global scale.
This virus can directly transmit from person to person via the air, saliva or snot of when sneezing or coughing. On the other hand, it can spread indirectly via surface of objects which have the infected saliva or snot. Crowded places like kindergarten, school, hospital or factory are suitable for virus to replicate at a rapid speed.
Symptoms of the victim of H1N1 flu:
For mild illness:
- Fever over 100.4 F (38 C)
- Dry, persistent cough
- Sore throat
- Fatigue and weakness
- Runny nose
For serious illness:
- Fever over
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Who are most likely to catch serious H1N1 flu?
Unlike the healthy people with strong immune systems, these people as following are more likely to catch serious H1N1 flu as the weakened immune system:
- Kids under 5, elder people over 65
- Pregnant women
- People with chronic diseases: heart-related diseases, asthma, obesity, HIV/AIDS or any immune system disorder
So what do we need to do if you have already been infected?
- Avoid going to crowded places. If that’s the case, carefully wear face masks to public and change it if it gets wet.
- Rest at home in at least 7 days to let the virus discharges into the environment.
- Keep your hand clean by washing them with soap
- Cover your mouth or use tissues when sneezing or coughing
- Stick to a healthy diet plan providing enough nutritions for your body
- Take enough pills following doctor’s instructions
- Keep track of your health status. Immediately come to the hospital if there’s a symptom of turning worse.
Prevention is better than cure
- Exercise on a daily basis, supplement your body with vitamin C and rest moderately
- Get vaccines annually for swine flu
- Keep your place clean and neat to prevent virus from staying or replicate
- Keep your hand clean by washing them carefully with soap
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing. Indeed, wash your hands afterwards!
FOR A JOYFUL SUMMER, STAY HEALTHY AND ENJOY!
Tin tức khác
Don't miss the information!
Register with 5000+ luxury apartments, receive the latest market information sent by weekly email.